Drive encryption is the process of restricting user access to a particular drive/ partition by converting it into unreadable code. Sophisticated mathematical functions are used for encryption of drives. You can implement encryption techniques on NTFS file system. EFS (Encrypting File System) is the name of the main encryption technology used in NTFS. Encryption is the best way to avoid identity theft and it ensures protection from unauthorized access.
Suppose you have an encrypted USB flash drive formatted with NTFS partition. It contains so much amount of valuable data. After using that drive on different computers, you connected it to your computer. No, problem with encryption. It still requires a passcode to open drive. You entered the passcode and navigate through data on your drive. You became shocked to see that some of the important files haven’t there. Every time when it connected to a device it was asking for the passcode. Then what happened? However files got deleted. You have to retrieve it back.
To recover deleted files from encrypted drive, there is an intelligent tool called Removable Drive Recovery. This advanced scanning feature of this tool performs a rigorous scanning to restore deleted files from encrypted drive within minutes. This software supports recovery of more than 300 file types. You can use this software to recover encrypted removable drives of manufactures such as Sony, SanDisk, Transcend, WD, HP, Dell, Toshiba, etc.
Reasons behind Deletion of Files from Encrypted Drives
- One of the main reasons behind deletion of files from encrypted drive is unintentional deletion. Even you have added encryption to the drive, files can get deleted just similar to non-encrypted drives.
- Suppose some of the files in your encrypted drive are infected by some viruses. If the anti-virus software on your computer detects this virus infection, there is a chance for deletion of those infected files by anti-virus software.
- Deletion of files in an encrypted drive can also happen if you install some third party applications to clean up unwanted files in your encrypted drive. These types of tools may mark some of the important files in your drive as unwanted and it may result in the removal of such files.
Deleted files from deleted drive can be recovered until the data is replaced by some new data. So don’t try to add new data into the encrypted drive where data loss is happened. You can use Removable Drive Recovery software to recover deleted files from encrypted drive on both Windows and Mac operating systems.
Features of Removable Drive Recovery
- Removable Drive Recovery is an ultimate tool deleted file recovery from encrypted drive that supports all popular media files. This tool supports image files such as JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, BMP, GIF, etc. Audio file types such as MP3, AIFF, MIDI, M4V, WAW, etc. and video files types such as AVI, MP4, MOV, etc. are some other media types supported by this software.
- This software can even restore deleted RAW images of popular camera manufacturers such as Nikon, Canon, Fujifilm, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, etc.
- You can sort recovered files in both File Type View and Data View.
- Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 8, Mac Lion, Mac Leopard, Mac Snow Leopard, Mac Yosemite, Mac Mavericks, Mac Mountain Lion are some of the operating system versions where you can install this software.
- You can preview a recovered file after scanning prior to data recovery of important files from encrypted drive.
- Technical Support team working 24×7 is available to resolve user’s doubts regarding how to use this data recovery software. You can contact them anytime through live chatting. You can also contact support staff by submitting support ticket available on main website.